Spring and summer are perfect to pair with this refreshing sangria mix!
A traditional drink from Spain, it’s perfect to mix in with the delicious fruits and berries we’re blessed with in the Okanagan.
Relax on the patio and soak in some rays with this delicious blend. The best part of sangrias? They’re super flexible, so you can mix and match the fruits to create your perfect blend.
- 750ml bottle white wine (dry or sweet, depending on your palate)
- ¼ cup brandy / Cointreau / Grand Marnier / Peach Schnapps
- ¼ cup of sugar (optional)
- 1 green apple (cored, skin kept on and sliced)
- 1 medium lemon (thinly sliced into rounds)
- 5-6 strawberries (sliced)
- ½ cup of raspberries
- 1 medium ripe peach or nectarine (thinly sliced)
- Club Soda (optional)
Fresh Mint leaves
- Add all fruit ingredients to a pitcher and muddle gently
- Add all liquid ingredients and refrigerate for at least 3 hours
- Serve drink over ice
- Top off with club soda if you prefer, and garnish with mint
The fruits can be adjusted based on what’s in your fridge, more, less or none at all depending on your taste. This is for you to enjoy, so have fun with it!