The Central Okanagan Food Bank
They provide an invaluable service for thousands of families in the Kelowna and Okanagan region.
The Central Okanagan is facing one of its busiest and most difficult times yet due to the current COVID-19 crisis, while still assisting some of our city’s most vulnerable. Now more than ever your support is needed.
Whether it be through food or monetary donations, your generosity can go a long way. Head to the Central Okanagan Food Bank’s website to learn more about how you can help and donate online, without having to leave the house https://cofoodbank.com/
Did you know?
- That the Central Okanagan Foodbank has seen a major increase in demand in the last month as a result of the COVID 19 crisis?
- That we typically serve 4000 individuals a month or up to 130 households per day? We anticipate this being even more in the months to come.
- That 70% of Food Bank clients have a job, and the once a month visit to the Food Bank is often what keeps many families afloat.
- That we provide food for more than 25 social agencies throughout the community that serve those experiencing homelessness and struggling with mental health and addiction issues.
- That the Central Okanagan Food Bank receives no Government funding?
From April 10, Grizzli Winery will donate 20% of all IN STORE and online sales.
As part of our mission and core values, it is our goal play an active role in our community.
For the past year, we have put an emphasis in working with local charities through each of our events.
During this time of crisis, on a daily basis, we continuously see many news that sadden our families. We want to find ways to help our community during this time of need, while keeping social distancing.
As such, we are happy to share that we have partnered with Central Okanagan Food Bank to raise awareness and funds to support them during this time.